The Income Tax Department has recently stated that Pre-filled XML of ITR 1, 2, 3 and 4 for AY 2019-20 are now available at Income tax efiling website. On the other hand, Prefilled XML of other ITRs are expected to be available shortly. With all the forms available on the income-tax website and the deadline for ITR filing less than a month away, you may be in a hurry to file your returns.However, the downloading is available for those who are eligible to file ITR forms as per their eligibility and choose to file it online on e-filing website http://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
Meanwhile, if you file your ITRs using Excel or Java utility, then you will have to manually fill in these details.
Step by Step procedure to download pre-filled XML of Income Tax Return from efiling website is as under:
Step 1: Login to Income Tax e-filing Portal
Step 2: Go to My Accounts > Download Pre-filled XML
Step 3: Fill the required details and click “continue”
Step 4: Download Pre-filled XML
The following details are prefilled in the ITR form:
- PAN, Name, Date of Birth shall be prefilled from PAN database.
- Address, Aadhaar Number, mobile number and e-mail ID shall be prefilled from e-Filing Profile (Please update e-Filling Profile before proceeding).
- Tax Payment, TDS and TCS details shall be prefilled from Form 26AS.
- Details of Salary Income, allowances and deductions shall be prefilled from Annexure II of Form 24Q.
- Type of House Property shall be prefilled from last filed ITR.
- Details of Income from House Property shall be prefilled from Form 26AS.
- Details of Interest income details (u/s 244A) from Income Tax Refund.
- Tax relief u/s 89 shall be prefilled from Annexure II of Form 24Q.
- Details of Interest income from Term Deposit shall be prefilled from Form 26AS.
- Bank account details shall be prefilled from last filed ITR and e-Filing Profile.
- Verification Details – Self/Representative PAN details as applicable based on Logged in PAN.
An individual should keep in mind that before, downloading pre-filled form the users are required to check all the pre-filled information carefully. In case the prefilled data doesn’t match the personal information, income, deductions and tax credit details, users should make necessary corrections.