When you prepare for filing income tax returns, make sure that you are aware of the government online portal. As the department of the income tax of the Indian government has a website i.e. http://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in, here any taxpayer who falls under the category of income tax slab is allowed to register themselves on e -filing portal. In light of the above, people have already started ITR Filing for the financial year 2018-19. However, it functions under the income tax website, it assists individuals to easily initiate the process of income tax India efiling login & registering respectively.
There are several steps for taxpayers to register on the website of the income tax department of the Indian government. Thus, it is essential to keep in mind the procedure of income tax return for the assessment year 2019-20.
- For the registration, you have to choose your category of whether you’re an individual or HUF as the case may be
- The second step is to mention your basic information or personal detail such as name, DOB, PAN and others.
- Then you are required to put up the questions for security and the password. It is important to provide uppercase and lowercase letters along with characters special.
- Insert your details of the permanent and temporary address.
- You need to provide your email-id along with the mobile number
- After your PAN verification, you will see your email id and transaction ID on the screen of the website.
- When you receive an email by the income tax department.
- Congrats! Your account is ready and set up for you to see your returns of income tax and statements of the tax credit.
- The form 26AS or the statement of tax credit contains information of TDS deducted. It also provides information regarding information of refund of the tax and collected tax
Therefore, once you have successfully registered yourself, you can now login to your account on the income tax website. Your PAN will be your user ID to login to your account. You will need to enter your password and captcha to log-in to your account.
Login to E-filing-
After registering yourself on the income tax efiling portal, let us understand how to log into the portal.
To access the India income tax login page, you have to go to the homepage of the government portal, where you will see a box on the right side that has a ‘Login Here’ button for registered users.