After the taxpayer has completed his ITR Filing and has successfully verified the same, the next thing they are required to do is constantly keep a tab on their Income Tax Refund Status, if they are eligible for any. Now, you must be thinking, how you check Income Tax Refund Status? Well, you can check refund status online, by following the simple steps mentioned-below
Steps to Check Income Tax Refund Status Online
- Visit the Income Tax Department’s official e-filing website, go to ‘Dashboard’ after logging in, and click on the ‘View Returns and Forms’ Then select the option that says, ‘Income Tax Returns’ from the dropdown menu to go to the ‘Income Tax Returns’ page, where you may see if the ITR is processed or is verified or is still pending for verification against all the years in which ITRs were filed online by you.
- If the status shows “ITR processed”, you are required to click on your acknowledgement number to go inside to see if the refund amount has been paid or not and if paid, by which mode.
- In case, your status is “ITR Processing Completed”, you will get the date of completion of the processing of your ITR, as well as the dates on which the intimation has been sent to you by SMS and email, by the Income Tax Department. You will also get the link through which you may visit the TIN-NSDL website, by inserting your PAN number and the relevant Assessment Year to check the refund status.
- In case, the refund has been made it will show the mode by which refund was made and the date on which refund was sent to you.
- If the IT Department sent the refund to you via cheque, then you need to check whether the check went undelivered. In case, the cheque was returned undelivered, you will get a link to update your address and get the cheque reissued. In case of any mistake in the address given earlier or the address has been changed, enter the new or corrected address carefully to get the cheque reissued and delivered.