August 31, is that the last date to file your taxes. Contrary to what several tax-payers assume, filing your taxation returns is really an easy method. you’ll e-file your returns from the comfort of your home.
A few points to remember when you e-file your tax return:
- To e-file your income tax returns, you must register yourself on the Income Tax department website https://www.allindiaitr.com
- You should have a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC). For this, log in to the IT web site and head to Profile Settings and click on on Register Digital Signature Certificate. If you are doing not have a DSC, you need to mail the shape to the tax department process centre in Bengaluru once you e-file your tax returns.
How to file income tax return online step by step:
To begin filing your income tax returns online, go to (https://www.allindiaitr.com) and create your e-filing account. Your PAN will be your login ID
- Log in using your PAN and password.
- It is necessary to link Aadhaar along with your E-filing Account. an equivalent needs to be done by selecting the choice of “Link Aadhaar” below the Profile Settings tab. Details as well as name as per Aadhaar card, Aadhaar range ar to be stuffed to conclude the linking method.
- Open Form 26AS under the Quick Link menu. Form 26AS is a summary of the taxes you have paid over the financial year. It will include TDS, Advance Tax and Self Assessment Tax
- Download the right ITR type or taxation come back type (check the table at the top of the article to settle on the right ITR form
- Download the Excel utility of the ITR and fill in all the details:
- Date of birth
- Email ID
- Mobile number
- Choose whether the original or revised return
- Other taxable income
- Taxes deducted
- Bank details
- Click on Validate button on all the sheets
- Once validated, click on Calculate Tax
- Pay any tax that may be payable and provide the challan details in the return form
- Click on Generate XML and save the XML file on your desktop
- Go to your account on the IT website and click on Upload Return. Fill in the ITR form, name, assessment year and upload the XML file. If you have a digital signature, then upload that, too
- Click Submit. You will get an Acknowledgement. Take a print out of this
- If you provided a digital signature, your income tax return filing process is complete
- If you did not use a digital signature, then you will receive an ITR-V form, which is an acknowledgement-plus-verification. Print it out, sign in blue ink and post it to the Income Tax Department – CPC, Post Bag No – 1, Electronic City Post Office, Bengaluru – 560100 within 120 days of e-filing. You will get an acknowledgement of receipt of ITR-V by email and SMS.
Which is the correct ITR form to file your income tax returns?:
- ITR 1 – Individuals (being resident other than RNOR) with income from salary, one house property and interest up to Rs. 50 Lacs
- ITR 2 – Individuals/Hindu Undivided Families (HUF) not having income from business or profession
- ITR 3 – Individuals/HUFs having income from profits and gains of business or profession
- ITR 4 – Individuals/HUFs having income from presumptive business
- ITR 5 – Firms, AOPs, BOIs and LLP
- ITR 6 – Companies other than companies claiming exemption under Section 11
- ITR 7 – Persons including companies required to furnish return under Section 139(4A) or Section 139(4B) or Section 139(4C) or Section 139(4D) or Section 139(4E) or Section 139(4F)
- All India ITR Login | Start Filing Income Tax Return