Every Citizen of this country should pay Income Tax, once you pay Income Tax you must file your Income Tax Return. In case you have paid more tax than your tax liability, then in that case you can claim tax refund and in order to claim tax refund you will have to intimate the Income Tax Department about the same.
Once you have intimated the Income Tax Department about this process you can track your Income Tax Refund Status, and this is how you can do it: –
Taxpayers can view their Income Tax Refund Status after 10 days, from the date on which their refund was sent. In order to do that you will have to type your PAN Card number and the assessment year and you can check your status without much hassle.
If you think that you have paid extra tax and want to claim tax refund for the same, then in that case you will have to complete your Income Tax E-filing process first and then you can claim Income Tax Refund.
Once you claim your Income Tax Refund, you must know that you will have to wait for some time, as it takes 2-3 months to get refund.
This is how you can use Income Tax Department’s official website: –
- The first and foremost step is to either login or register on the IT Department’s website.
- Once you enter your PAN number, the website will tell you whether you are already registered or not.
- If you have e-Filed before, then chances are that you might already be registered. Please search your email inbox for a mail from official IT Department’s website.
- If you remember your password, then you can login using the same.
- If you don’t remember your password, you need to Reset your password.
- If you are not able to reset the password with any of the three options provided, please send an email to IT Department’s official e-mail ID. With the following PAN details: –
- PAN holder’s Name:
- Date of Birth:
- Father’s Name:
- Registered PAN address: