ITR-V is your ITR Acknowledgement which you can either E-verify or Send it to CPC Bangalore with 120 days of filing Income Tax Return. ITR-V stands for Income Tax Return Verification, it is a single page document and a comprehensive summary of your Income Tax Return and it is only received when you file your ITR online without using a digital signature. It is sent by the Income Tax Department to verify the validity of your e-filing which does not have a digital signature on it.
Here are a few Guidelines that you must Follow for ITR-V
- You must print ITR Acknowledgment Form in black ink only. Do not use any other ink colour option to print ITR V.
- Only A4 Size sheets should be used to take out the print of your ITR-V.
- You should not type/write anything on the back of the print of this form.
- You will not have to submit any other document with the covering letter.
- You should not use stapler on ITR-V acknowledgement.
- The photocopy of signatures will not be accepted.
- Use only Inkjet or Laser printer to print ITR V Form and avoid printing on Dot Matrix printer.
- Avoid printing any kind of watermarks on ITR V.
- You must take care that the Bar code and the numbers below bar code are clearly visible.
- Make sure the print out of the form is clear.
- You can send your ITR-V by normal post or speed post to Post Bag No.1, Electronic City Post Office, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560100.