Form 26AS is your Tax Credit Statement and it is an important document to file your Income Tax Return. You can import you Form 26AS details directly from the official E-filing portal of the Income Tax Department, instead of manually downloading it for the details.
What is Form 26AS used for?
- This Form contains the details related to tax deducted on your income by the deductor.
- It contains the details of tax collected by the collectors.
- Details of Advance Tax paid by the Taxpayer.
- Details of Self-Assessment Tax payment.
- Regular assessment tax deposited by the taxpayer that is the PAN holder
- Details of refund received by you during the financial year
- Details of the High-value Transactions in respect of shares, mutual fund etc.
How can you view your Form 26AS?
Generally, there are two ways by which you can view your Form 26AS
By TRACES portal
Form 26AS can be downloaded from TRACES, here is the step-by-step to do the same: –
- The income Tax Form 26AS is linked with your PAN
- The password for opening your Form 26AS is your Date of Birth (in DDMMYYYY format)
- You can view Form 26AS from Financial Year 2008-09 onwards.
By using the net-banking of your bank account
This facility can be availed by a PAN holder having a net-banking account with any of authorized bank. There You can View Tax Credit Statement (Form 26AS) only if your PAN number is attached to that account. This facility is for free.
How to download Form 26AS?
- From the TRACES website
- Or by using Net Banking Facility of authorized banks